This week in OtherWords, Craig Aaron celebrates a big win for Net Neutrality and Ryan Alexander points out that the Pentagon’s favorite jet is breaking the bank.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Please subscribe to our free weekly newsletter or follow us on Twitter @OTWords.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- A Historic Victory for Net Neutrality / Craig Aaron
If you mess with the Internet, you’ll lose.
- An American Dream Deferred / Cecilia Velasco
Thousands of undocumented immigrant students who work hard and play by the rules are being denied the fruits of their labor.
- Mortgaging the Pentagon / Ryan Alexander
The Pentagon is breaking the bank with the F-35 joint strike fighter program’s $1.5-trillion tab.
- The Bibi-GOP Clown Show / Donald Kaul
Republicans invited the Israeli prime minister to Congress to embarrass Obama, not to defuse a nuclear threat.
- The Student Debt Time Bomb / Chuck Collins
Indebted students are a force to be reckoned with.
- World Capital of Weather Wimps / Emily Schwartz Greco
When the going gets cold, make the most of it.
- Health Care Under Fire / Jim Hightower
The Supreme Court is riddling the Affordable Care Act with potshots.
- A Nation of Cereal Killers / Jill Richardson
Americans are finally ditching the sugary concoction that’s ruled our breakfast tables for the last century.
- Bibi Love Fest / Khalil Bendib cartoon