This week in OtherWords, Peter Certo explains why Benjamin Netanyahu is wrong about Iran and Jim Hightower weighs in on the mountains of money that will shape the 2016 elections.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- This Trade Deal Will Make You Sick / Anna Meyer
The TPP could spell bad news for global food systems.
- Banking on Tanking / Joel Kendrick
It’s time to get rid of incentives for teams to lose.
- Reclaiming Our State Budgets / Susan Gries
We’re not broke — we’re just keeping too much of our wealth in too few pockets.
- What We Lose with a Privatized Postal Service / Katherine McFate
America’s founders recognized that commerce requires a common infrastructure.
- When Bibi Came to Town / Peter Certo
Nearly 60 lawmakers did the right thing by skipping the Israeli prime minister’s speech on Iran.
- Kissing the Koch Ring / Jim Hightower
If you thought corporate election spending was bad before, wait till 2016.
- Wal-Mart Does Something Right / Karen Dolan
I’ll still protest the giant retailer, but maybe a little more quietly.
- A Crash Course on Reality / Jill Richardson
My view of education changed the first time I had to grade my students.
- Billionaires United / Khalil Bendib cartoon
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.