This week in OtherWords, Kathleen Turner weighs in on the war against Planned Parenthood and Olivia Alperstein calls on Washington to welcome more Syrian refugees.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Please subscribe to our free weekly newsletter or follow us on Twitter @OTWords.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Kindly chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Mending Our Welcome Mat / Olivia Alperstein
This nation of immigrants should shelter more Syrian refugees.
- The Real Target of the Planned Parenthood Attacks / Kathleen Turner
The leading GOP candidates have aligned themselves with a platform based on endangering women’s health care access.
- Nuts to First Class / Sarah Browning
The growing class divide on airplanes feels a lot like America’s.
- Taking it Lying Down vs. Plain Old Lying / Donald Kaul
The GOP finally has someone who can stand up to Donald Trump’s lies — and it turns out she’s a liar, too.
- The GOP’s Can’t-Do Attitude / Emily Schwartz Greco
Refusing to address climate change could drown Florida.
- A Racist Wake-Up Call / John Kiriakou
After Ahmed Mohamed’s ordeal, there’s no denying that Americans still harbor misguided feelings about Muslims.
- Your Weed Killer Might Kill You / Jill Richardson
The revelation that Roundup causes cancer demands a response that goes beyond restricting the commonplace chemical’s use.
- Fighting Inequality at the Local Level / Jim Hightower
Transit workers in Grand Rapids are organizing against pension theft and fare hikes.
- Ahmed and Dangerous / Khalil Bendib