This week in OtherWords, Steve Cobble explains why the GOP’s prospects aren’t as bright as they may appear and Alex Xourias discusses the growing resegregation of America’s public schools.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Please subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. And if you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas, help us keep this valuable service running by chipping in with your tax-deductible donation today. We can’t do it without your support.
- Hyping the GOP’s Prospects in 2014 / Steve Cobble
The media should take Republican Party optimism over huge wins at the polls this year with more grains of salt.
- Supremely Mistaken about Affirmative Action / Marc Morial
Sotomayor’s words captured the importance of letting universities ensure truly equal access to higher education.
- Apartheid America / Alex Xourias
School resegregation is hurting children and our future.
- As Another North Korean Nuclear Test Looms, What’s Washington’s Response? / Claudia Cheffs and Lt. General (USA, Ret.) Robert G. Gard
The Obama administration is pursuing a policy of “strategic patience,” the equivalent of doing nothing.
- When Corporations Get Too Big to Tax / Bob Lord
The drive to scrap the corporate income tax won’t stop at zero.
- Take a Hike! No, Really / Jill Richardson
Nature is the best drug out there.
- Devaluing Work and Workers / Emily Schwartz Greco and William A. Collins
While the rich are getting richer, the rest of us are falling further behind.
- Occupying the Koch Brothers’ Lobby / Jim Hightower
It’s time to toss these corporate oligarchs out of the people’s business.
- When Corporate America Gets Too Big to Tax / Khalil Bendib Cartoon