This week in OtherWords, I talk about how tax credit turbulence distorts the wind business and Phyllis Bennis explains why Iran’s nuclear deal scored a win for peace over war.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Footing the Bill While Israel Thumbs Its Nose / Chris Toensing
Israel won’t change its ways until Washington puts military aid on the chopping block.
- Diplomacy Defeats War for a Change / Phyllis Bennis
More than sanctions and centrifuges are at stake in Iran’s nuclear deal.
- Saving Coal Country / Richard Martin
Mitch McConnell’s quest to undermine the Clean Power Plan won’t rescue Appalachia.
- America’s Billionaires Owe You a Thank You Note / Chuck Collins
America’s billionaires minimize their tax burdens, making the rest of us pick up their tab.
- Blowing Past Political Turbulence / Emily Schwartz Greco
Dawdling lawmakers won’t snuff out the wind industry’s growth.
- A Higher Education Revolution / Josh Hoxie
More robust estate taxes could cover the cost of making public colleges and universities tuition-free.
- The Right to Eat / Jill Richardson
The government shouldn’t deny food stamps on the basis of a criminal record.
- A Bacon-Wrapped Cholesterol Bomb / Jim Hightower
A new Little Caesars pizza might land you in the emergency room.
- Bumps in the Road / Khalil Bendib cartoon