This week in OtherWords, Donald Kaul sizes up Jeb Bush’s me-too presidential aspirations and Sam Pizzigati says that the richest Americans now have more money than they can prudently invest.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- The Cutting Edge of Waste / Sam Pizzigati
Ultra-wealthy financiers have hoarded far more cash than they can responsibly invest.
- The War on Love / Peter Montgomery
Religious conservatives are treating marriage equality as a call to arms.
- The GOP Bucks Teddy Roosevelt’s Legacy / Richard Kirsch
The Republican president was a groundbreaking crusader for a tax on inherited fortunes.
- The Latest Victim in the War on Whistleblowers / John Kiriakou
Jeffrey Sterling learned the hard way that the feds will throw the book at anyone who embarrasses them.
- A Fossil-Fueled Fantasy / Emily Schwartz Greco
Coal-burning power plants that capture carbon aren’t worth the expense.
- GOP Climate Denial Syndrome Sweeps Wisconsin / Jim Hightower
The Badger State won’t let some public workers say the C word.
- Of Course Jeb Bush Would Have Invaded Iraq / Donald Kaul
The former Florida governor gets too much credit for being smarter than his brother.
- The High Cost of Low Taxes / Jill Richardson
Californians are paying for tax cuts made years ago through outrageously high fines that make no sense.
- Zigging and Zagging Down a Slippery Slope / Khalil Bendib