This week in OtherWords, Donald Kaul and Karen Dolan weigh in on the latest GOP presidential debate antics and Richard Kirsch points out that the people Paul Ryan cares deeply about are actually corporations.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Kindly chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Paul Ryan vs. the People / Richard Kirsch
The GOP’s new House speaker says he “trusts the American people,” but his budget takes direct aim at them.
- Racial Slurs Have No Place in Football / Judith LeBlanc
For American Indians, the NFL season offers regular reminders that our rights still aren’t fully recognized.
- Away with the Clowns / Karen Dolan
The GOP race may be a circus, but the candidates are dead serious about padding the pockets of the rich.
- Please Don’t Shoot the Moderators / Donald Kaul
Only the media can protect the public from the lies of lying politicians.
- Big Oil Can’t Go On Like This / Emily Schwartz Greco
The industry is scaling back to keep investors happy.
- The CIA Is an Ethics-Free Zone / John Kiriakou
Members of America’s spy agency don’t even learn the rules.
- Is It Time to Put Down the Bacon? / Jill Richardson
Processed meat may cause cancer, but your personal risk is probably low.
- Can Jeb Bush Even Spell Integrity? / Jim Hightower
The former Florida governor cashed in big time from his spin through government.
- Going to Syria in a Handbasket / Khalil Bendib cartoon